[Scene News] Kim Kardashian at The Bay, Fashion Cares Private Launch, AGO Goes Picasso
- - The AGO is launching a new Picasso exhibit on Tuesday, May 1st. The exhibit will run for four months. Also on the AGO Picasso slate, a high-end $15,000-a-table fundraiser.
- - Jerry Seinfeld and Will Arnett helped raise $3M for Toronto East General Hospital at their recent ‘Laughter Is The Best Medicine’ fundraiser.
- - Mary Symons held a swank soiree at 133 Hazelton to celebrate the new condo development. Look for coverage right here later this week.
- - Fashion Cares 25 created some buzz with a private launch at La Societe in Yorkville. The actual Fashion Cares gala, featuring Elton John, takes place on September, 9th (2012).
- - Sauza partnered with Reposado Tequila Bar for a tasting on Tuesday, April 24th. Look for coverage right here later this week.
- - Camp Ooochigeas held its ‘Night of Summer Dreams Gala‘ on Thursday, April 19th. The event was hosted by City News’ Cynthia Mulligan.
- - Greta Constantine is debuting a new fashion film at a Stoli event later this evening. This will be one of the first major events to take place at the new Trump Toronto.
- - Mr. and Mrs. Smith, a U.K.-based travel company, recently launched in Canada. View our coverage here.
- - The latest incarnation of the AGO’s ‘Massive Party‘ took place last week. Look for coverage right here next week.
- - Kim Kardashian will promote her latest jewelry collection at The Bay (Queen St.) on May 10th from 4:30-5:30PM.
- - Singer/songwritter Levon Helm passed away.
- - Lindsay Lohan has reportedly been cast as Elizabeth Taylor in a new biopic. As a result, filming likely won’t take place in Toronto, as was previously reported.
- - The F-List‘s Leesa Butler celebrated her birthday last Friday at Bar Italia. Joe Mimran and Kimberly-Newport Mimran were reportedly among the attendees.
Food & Drink
- - The financial district restaurant formerly know as Little Anthony‘s has relaunched as L.A.’s. The eatery, which sits across the street from sister resto Volos, held a grand opening event on April 18th.
- - Toronto’s first ‘Nova Scotian Style’ donair restaurant has opened in the Danforth neighbourhood.
- - Singapore-style street food restaurant ‘Hawker Bar’ has opened on Ossington.