- Ocean Wise and the Vancouver Aquarium held an event at Luma. ‘Tides of Change,’ as it was titled, featured ocean-friendly dishes prepared by executive chef Jason Bangerter.
- Ellen Degeneres’ DJ Tony made his rounds in Toronto – first, hosting an event at Bar Chef and then working a gig at Maison Mercer.
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers performed at the Air Canada Centre for the first time since 2006.
- The Toronto Jewish Film Festival celebrates its 20th anniversary. The festival runs from May 3rd through the 13th.
- Michaëlle Jean featured at the National Youth Arts Week launch party.
- Emcee Jully Black helps kick off TFI 25 on Thursday. Tickets for the ROM event are still on sale – $100/per.
- Friday Night Live @ROM is celebrating TFI 25 with host Ben Barry.
- Hope Charity Gala takes place on Friday, May 4th at Princess Margaret Hospital.
- America’s Next Top Model is hosting a ‘live consumer event’ in Toronto.
- The Avengers premiered in Toronto.
- TORO Magazine will celebrate Cinco De Mayo on May 5th with an event at Monarch Tavern.
- Gourmet burger spot ‘The Works‘ is holding a media preview event tomorrow. The restaurant is set to open soon in the Danforth neighbourhood.
- Charles Khabouth‘s Casa Loma condo is featured in Toronto Life
- The late Phil Hartman earns a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame.
Food & Drink
- Now Open: The Bellwoods Brewery
- Vacay.ca names Canada’s best restaurants; Toronto’s Black Hoof earns fourth place nod.